Thursday 27 January 2011

Assignment3 -Development

At this stage, I have successfully imported the Cad file of the campus into 3DS Max, which didn't take much time as far as the level I'm concerning. I created a simple marker for the campus and tried out in BuildAR. The result is satisfactory--the texture is right, the orientation is correct, the added text is appearing. However, The embedded animation is not appearing.




This rendered animation shows the building (red center in this case) being highlighted.






In this video, I had Assigned the highlighted building into another marker and showed it when needed. However, I still couldn't get animation to work like in 3ds Max. Anyone out there know how to do it? Also, it is very hard to put the highlighted building marker on the right spot, it probably needs to be adjusted both in 3ds max and buildAR






Things to do:
1. Make a solid base for making it easier to put everything on it in right position.
2. Continue modeling the selected buildings using different techniques (I'm still thinking if the photosynth reconstruction will really work, or I should just use the model and add more details into it)
3. Collect important information of each faculty and manage to put them into animation (display the information)
4. The campus model itself does not have any plantation, I think it will be nice to model the trees and show environmental aspects of the campus
5. Create different markers and arrange them into a logical way

No comments:

Post a Comment