Friday 7 January 2011

Week1--building reconstruction




I was able to get 100%synty for this set of images, which means they have matched pretty well. However the point cloud I got from it is not so great, many details are missing.
I put it through the meshlab to see the reconstruction result





The result is not very satisfactory, too many noise, many details are missing as well. So I decided to take another building which hopefully will have a less consistent pattern on its facade.







The process of photosynth went pretty smooth, 100% synthy. I was also able to get more point clouds than previous building.






Although it still has lots of noises in meshlab, I was able to get more details.



This is the mesh created with texture, since there are too many noises in front of the building, I wasn't able to create a mesh wrapping to back of the building face, which means my mesh is like a closed ball, you have to zoom in to see the building face.




I tried to import my .obj file to 3ds Max, and this window popped out saying 'nothing found to import' :(



No comments:

Post a Comment